An experience shared by my Friend Kartik. This happened to him in Chennai, where he works for an IT firm. What he saw and experienced simply left him awestruck. It happened like this
“A dog and a flock of fully grown people (Humans) including him were trying to cross a road. The Traffic signal glowed GREEN and so the vehicles began to move. Surprisingly most people also wanted to cross the road and they didn’t even bother about the speeding vehicles or the damn signal. Whereas, the dog analysed the situation by seeing the vehicles moving and simply stepping back onto the pavement, without crossing the road with these so called BUSY Humans who are on the run most of the time. The Dog simply waited for the Vehicles to completely halt and the signal to glow Red d then it simply in a jolly way raced across the road and then down the street. Kartik was just so glad that he noticed the DOG and how it kept itself away from unnecessary danger and that he could keep his life secure. He felt so awful that even the Street Dogs have begun to understand the Traffic Rules and Regulations that was designed for the safety of us Humans.
It sounds very atrocious, but then that is a very crude fact that, most individuals don’t even have the basic sense that which these Street Dogs have developed over the years on how to cross a road.
Some pointers to that we need to keep in mind while CROSSING ROADS are
- Wait for the traffic signal light to go Red for the Vehicles.
- Wait for the traffic signal light to go Green for the Pedestrians.
- Always use the Foot path while walking on the road.
- Always use subways, footbridges, islands, zebra, pelican and traffic light crossings.
- Make sure you can see clearly along the roads in both directions and that drivers can see you clearly.
- Listen very carefully in case something's coming that you can't see from where you're standing.
- When you cross the road make sure you're concentrating! It's easy to get distracted if you're listening to music on your headphones, or chatting and texting on your mobile.
- Walk straight across the road - don't run! It increases the chances of getting Mowed Down.
Happy and Safe Walking...... Enjoy......!!!